Monday, October 10, 2011

Uncharted territory...

The Stovall's are headed into uncharted territory. Prestley was a climber. She climbed and jumped off everything. We called her monkey because she used her feet like a monkey would to eat, play, climb, etc. The one thing that Prestley never did was climb out of her crib. We just got super lucky. We transitioned her to a twin bed a few weeks after her 2nd birthday and she never got out of her bed. She would go to sleep and wake up and just sit there calling me until I came in to get her. To this day, she will still sit in her bed and call for me. I have to tell her all the time, if you need something, get out of your bed and come talk to me, don't just sit in there and scream for me because you'll wake up your sister. It's gotten much better but we are still working on it.

We aren't going to be so lucky with Hudsyn. She makes anything Prestley ever did look like child's play. I mean Prestley was fearless so that's saying something.

So as some of you may have read on Facebook, my Saturday morning started around 4:45am. Prestley decided she wanted to come sleep in my bed, so she sat in there calling for me...lol...until I went to get her. And for the record, there is NO sleeping if Prestley is in the bed with you. She is a wild sleeper and on top of that has to be laying RIGHT on top of me. I layed there for what seemed forever trying to go back to sleep and just as I start drifting back off, Chris's alarm starts going off. He decided to play tennis at the crack of dawn. Prestley thinks this means SHE can also get up. So I ask him to get her settled watching cartoons before he leaves so I could try to get a few more minutes of sleep. Right as he is about to leave and I'm about to shut my eyes, I hear Hudsyn's sound machine go off in her room through the monitor. So at this point, I'm thinking you have got to be kidding me. See the day before, Hudsyn escaped from her crib for the first time. I was hoping and praying that it was a one time thing. I call him back in and we go to Hudsyn's room to investigate and she's just walking around her room. Sooooo, it was time to get up. This all happened before 6:45am.

Later that day, Chris and I were discussing if we should go ahead and convert her crib or not. We ran an experiment to see exactly how she was getting out of her crib, how easy it was for her, etc. to help us decide. After watching, it was pretty clear what we needed to do.



So Sunday night we converted her crib and she was so excited. I wasn't sure how it would go but I'm happy to report, she slept in her big girl bed all night long and did not get up. She was still in her bed this morning when we went in to get her. I know it isn't going to last, but night one was a success! I took a picture of her getting ready to go to sleep and Prestley insisted on getting in the photo and posing...lol. Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

Jamie, Diana, J'Lee, Jaxon, and Jett said...

That is impressive!!! I have to say my kids aren't climbers, I about had a heart attack watching that video so I am not sure if I would survive parenthood if that was the case. Ha!! She isn't even close to being two and she is sleeping in a big girl bed. Your kids are geniuses!!!

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Ryder loves watching the videos of your girls! We watched Hudsyn climb out of her crib and he kept saying "What's going to happen??!!", lol! He also loves to watch Prestley with the spaghetti. The speaker is broken on my computer, so we can't hear...just watch, lol! I tried telling him look...she loves spaghetti...you'd probably love it to. He is so picky! O.K...still reading down your blog. I didn't realize you had surgery! Feel better soon!