Thursday, October 6, 2011

Getting out of the house!

So since having surgery I haven't been out of the house, except to pick my kids up. On top of my bruised face and healing mouth, I *think* I've also had some sort of stomach virus. It's been a lot of fun around here, let me tell you. So what better way to make my tummy feel better than dinner at CiCi's :) I know, probably not the best idea but we all needed to get out of the house and with all my eating restrictions and the kids, it just seemed like the best option.

Dinner out with the kids usually consists of us threatening Prestley the whole time to eat her food, to stop pouring out the salt and pepper, to leave the pink packets alone, repeating please don't scream, put the knive down, trying to keep Hudsyn from licking the table and chairs, throwing food in the floor or on the people next to us....you get the idea, it can be a beating! Last night was no exception, but I love my family and love being able to spend time together.

Prestley maybe had two bites of her food. Hudsyn, however, made up for both of them. Poor girl must have been starving...lol. She ate a plate of pasta, several pieces of pizza and bread, was pulling food off of our plates, and then daddy came to the table with dessert. Hudsyn started trying to grab it off his plate and repeated, I want cake, I want cake, I want cake, over and over and over, even after I stopped filming. She eventually got "cake." It was actually a brownie. You can't tell how funny it was in the video but Chris was nearly choking on his food from laughing so hard. What's also funny is that in the beginning of the video, Prestley asks me if I'm still on a diet :)



Megan also got a few sweet pictures of the girls today. I seriously don't know how she does it. No one but her can get them to take a decent picture. She's the baby/camera whisperer.






Sooo sweet!

4 comments:

Renee & Sheldon said...

Prestley and Pierce are like 2 peas in a pod when it comes to meal time. I don't know where they get all their dang energy because it sure doesn't come from the tiny amounts of food they eat ;) Hope you're on the upswing from your surgery.

Stephanie said...

Look at you, what is this like 3 days in a row. Awesome blogger that you are : )
Your sitter takes some great pics!!

Jamie, Diana, J'Lee, Jaxon, and Jett said...

Don't you love when our kids call us out!!! J'Lee does it to me daily! Ha. Your husband cracked me up too cause he just wouldn't give her the dang cake. :) I am glad to know that I am not the only one who struggles to get their kids to eat. It takes J'Lee 45 minutes to eat one thing on her plate.

The Bishop Gang said...

Wow! Sounds like us when we go out to eat...which is almost NEVER! Read about your surgery on DAM. Ouch! Poor thing!