Thursday, May 14, 2009

Surprise trip to New Orleans

Chris turned the BIG 3-0 May 5th so I surprised him with a trip to New Orleans. We went with our friends Brenda and Jerry. It was an 8 hour car ride but we had so much fun. Brenda and I started the trip off with massages...oh how I love getting massaged. Chris won $300 playing poker, and we ended up spending almost all of it. Bourbon St was pretty disgusting. It smelled of vomit and had pics of naked girls pretty much on every wall. Definitley not a family place, although oddly enough, we saw lots of people with their kids. We ate tons of food, especially on the car ride...me and Brenda can put away some gas station junk food. I tried my first Oyster. It wasn't raw, it was chargrilled and it wasn't as disgusting as I thought it would be. But... I wouldn't eat it again. Chris and Jerry tried turtle soup, I couldn't do it. They also rode a mechanical bull, which was hilarious. I'm not good at detailing every moment but those were the highlights. We didn't take many pictures but here are a few.



2 comments:

Misty Rice said...

Hey welcome back....missed you on here. Happy birthday Chris.

Thank you for the very sweet comment you left. I was going to email you back, not I can just say hi here.

Miss you too and look forward to seeing you in July and letting our little girls chase each other around.

What a fun birthday gift. My birthday is in December....HA!

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

What fun!!! Sometimes it is nice to get away without the kiddos, huh?! Happy Birthday to Chris!