Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree

This post is going to be a little bit about everything.

So I was sick on Thanksgiving but Chris took Prestley to his family's and they had a good time. I stayed home and had cream of chicken soup.

Friday night, we put up our Christmas tree and watched Polar Express. So our Christmas tree is a little sad but Prestley thinks it's awesome! Next year we are going to have to upgrade.

Saturday, we went to Mabank to have Thanksgiving with my family. Did a little Christmas shopping and just hung out.

Sunday, we did a little more shopping, a little more hanging out and then came back home.

We are going on vacation to New Mexico and Colorado on December 4th and will be gone for 11 days. I'm so excited yet so terrified about flying with a toddler and being away from home with her for that long. I bought her some mittens and a hat to keep her warm when we get there and she LOVES wearing them. She wore them around the house and did not want to take them off. Here are some pictures from our weekend.







5 comments:

eleventhirtysix images said...

I think the tree is perfect!

What am I going to do without you for that long???? *cries*

Jamie, Diana, J'Lee, Jaxon, and Jett said...

besides being sick, it sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. What a vacation...i want to go with you! The tree looks great, no need for an upgrade. I was wandering how we were going to keep our tree in tact, J'Lee tears up everything. I hope you have a great get away. You will have to take lots of pictures.

Misty Rice said...

11 days??? Wow!!! Brave mama!!!

Im laughing, we just put up our tree tonight and we voted to watch Polar Express, but got out voted (by child) who wanted Chipmunks!!!

Lets see if there was anything I could suggest for your trip for HER..... I know you may not like to give her sugar but on the plane she may refuse a bottle, so I gave morgan a few sucks of a lollipop going up and coming down on her trip, just enough to get her mouth wet and her swallowing to pop those ears. I also used this really cool flavor baby tooth and gum cleaner. She liked chewing on the little rubber brush on my finger and the taste was good too.

What else....

Take blankets that she really like, for the cribs. One to sleep on top of and one over her, to smell and feel as much like her own as possible. Morgan didn't sleep the first two nights well in NY. I put some of her blankets down under and on top of her, she slept.

Be prepared for diapers on airplanes. Don't know what it is, but the seem to always happen on planes.

If you have any questions let me know.... Ill let you know if I think of anything else that would be helpful.

Are you going skiing? Are you guys going alone? Email me more details about this trip. Im excited for you. LOL

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Hope you guys are having fun! You'll have to let us know all about it!
PS-I love your Charlie Brown Tree!

Jennifer said...

I would have told you have fun on vacation while you were still here but I obviously haven't been paying attention. So have fun, stay safe and keep warm! Hope the airport hassle wasn't too bad.