Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Shelter from the storm....

Ok, I'll admit that I'm the biggest chicken when it comes to storms. I HATE them. So last night when the tornado sirens started going off (or maybe a little before they started going off), you better believe I'm going to start yelling for Chris to wake up, scoop Prestley up and head for the closet. By the time we got everything cleaned out enough to get in the closet, it was pretty much over. I convinced Chris to take a picture of me and Prestley in the closet (during the tornado). Such sacrifice!

4 comments:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Too Cute! I am total opposite, I am going to be killed one day just because I can be so nonchalant about weather. I was just thinking this morning when I saw some pictures from Oklahoma that I should probably take weather a little more seriously...especially since Ryder sleeps on a 2nd Floor. I'm glad you guys weathered it alright!

Misty Rice said...

LOL thats funny.... AFTER the fact, but not at the time I am sure.

I am like Joy, I LOVE weather and storms...heck, I love watching hurricanes and even drove right smack in the middle of one, and was wondering why I was the only car on highway. LOL

I was always told to get in the bathtub though, not closet, with a mattress. Next time try that one.... get in bathtub, put her crib mattress over you. :)

Love ya

eleventhirtysix images said...

Miranda, I'm totally with you. When NOAA says "funnel clouds forming in Wylie" and the sirens are going off, damn straight we're taking shelter!

We were in our safe room, too.

I'd rather get her up for nothing, than not get up and be left with nothing...

Renee & Sheldon said...

I'm with you Miranda and Allison. I heard those sirens go off and didn't hesitate to get Pierce and head to the closet!