Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bye-Bye Adenoids...

Play by play of events....

We wake Prestley up at 5:45am.


We get to the hospital at 6:30am to check in. We get Prestley in her beautiful little gown.



They bring her the magic juice...she starts feeling really good.


They take her back to surgery. Mommy and Daddy wait not so patiently in the waiting room. It's taking longer than expected. We start to freak just a little. Then the doctor comes out. They had a hard time getting the IV in so he just wanted to warn us that she would have some bruising and lots of little pricks :( He also said that her adenoids were blocking about 3/4 of her airway and that this would definitely help her breathe better. They also took blood for some allergy testing but we won't have that back until our follow up appointment in about 2 weeks. The surgery went well and we are just waiting for them to wake her up. They inform us that the angel we brought in this morning is now a very angry baby...this is after she "calmed" down.

The car ride home...



We finally get back home...


She went to sleep for about an hour and a half. She sounded like a wild animal. She had so much drainage that every time she breathed in and out, it made a horrible sound. When she woke up, she was our Prestley again...begging to go outside. So Daddy took her out for a few minutes.

She came back in and had some lunch...

She did a little bit more playing and then started getting cranky. I took her to her crib and asked her if she wanted to take a nap. As soon as I put her down...


She is still napping peacefully. It's been a long day, but I'm confident this surgery is going to make a big difference for Prestley. I hope she is finally able to stay well and just enjoy being a toddler!

4 comments:

Carole said...

Oh, that crying video just breaks my heart! How did you survive??!!??

I just want to hold her—not that me holding her would help, but you know what I mean....

I'm glad she felt better fairly soon. :)

Misty Rice said...

Poor, poor little thing. It has to be hard to watch anything of that kind happen to your little precious ones. I always think about those parents that have really sick kicks who live basically in the hospitals. Breaks my heart.

Her hair is getting so long, she is sporting her own little mullet. LOL

She looks so cute sleeping in bed. Morgan as of this week has started rolling over on her side and sleeping and then if she rolls on her back she is now getting where she wont' scare herself waking herself up.

Im glad it all went well and yes hopefully this will allow for her to be a happier little toddler.

Hugs.

Jamie, Diana, J'Lee, Jaxon, and Jett said...

Poor baby. Jamie's heart broke when he saw Chris holding her while she was crying. It broke my heart too. I hope this helps and she is feeling better.

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Poor sweet girl..I hope she feels better soon! My heart just breaks for her...you guys take care this weekend!