Monday, June 16, 2008

Big Bad Surgery Day!!!

Here's Prestley waking up on the morning of surgery!
We went to the surgery center and Prestley did so good that they said she didn't need any meds to calm her down before surgery. It seemed like a long wait to us though!


They finally came and took her back and the surgery lasted MAYBE 10 mins.  They said that she did great and they would come get us when she woke up in about 15 mins. As soon as the nurse walked out, she turned around and came right back and said well....she's AWAKE and crying for MAMA!!! She pretty much acted like nothing had happened. As soon as we got home she went on to playing with her toys....business as usual...lol. So far we haven't had any trouble with the tubes and I did a lot of stressing for nothing!!!



2 comments:

Misty Rice said...

It has to be scary no matter how small the surgery to know they she is under and in there all by her little self. :(

I wish I could have seen you while in town. Maybe next time though.

I am not looking forward to going home. It will be very depressing and very much a feeling I remember well when I went through this with Hunter's dad.

Keep me in your prayers.....

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Hopefully she feels better! Those ears can be tough! I'm thinking of you guys!!